If you’ve got a spare six and half grand laying around, consider picking up a Moog Guitar, which is a revolutionary cross between a guitar, synthesizer and tricked out electronics that provides an unparalleled range of expression to the guitarist. It has different modes to enable you to do the following:
- infinite sustain on every string, at every fret position and at any volume
- sustained single or polyphonic lines without muting technique
- removes energy from the strings, resulting in a variety of staccato articulations
- use the included foot pedal to shift between the bridge and neck pick-ups to pull both subtle and dramatic harmonics from the strings
- control the frequency of the built-in, resonant Moog ladder filter using the foot pedal or a CV Input
According to their site, their pickups and even their strings (yes, strings) are completely custom:
The Moog strings that come with guitar have a specific metallurgy designed to work with the Moog Pick-ups. Other strings will work in emergency situations but the guitar will respond best with Moog strings.
All this with a AAAAA maple top, mahogany body and ebony finger board. Nice!